Sunday, February 22, 2009

E Urf

Do you ever throw away your child's artwork? It is hard not to do when there is so much of it and no where to put it. I decided to start taking pictures of the artwork I just can't stand to throw away. I figure that pictures will last longer than paper and can be stored easier.

Here is my 11 year old's painting that she did in co-op. Thanks to Sheri and Joni for teaching art (time periods, color wheel, techniques, etc.). Here is her pointillism painting. Pointillism is a post-impressionist school of painting exemplified by Georges Seurat and his followers in late 19th-century France, characterized by the application of paint in small dots and brush strokes. I'm so smart! Thanks dictionary.com.

She named this piece "E Urf" because when ever her 3 year old sister sees a globe or map she says "E Urf" for "a earth." Too cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a smart idea!!! I will start because with 6 kids, it's just so overwhelming. You should see the kids faces when they do find one of their projects/artwork in the trash. I feel like the worst mommy ever. ay.